Thrifted and Vintage Nursery Bookcase Finds




My husband and I are expecting our first child this fall and I have had a fun time finding things for the nursery. Everything you see in this picture is second hand.  I am still working on the arrangement of the items (and I am sure I will be adding a few more things... a vintage Barbie pool is on the way as we speak 😉)

Craigslist: We found this bookcase on Craigslist a few years ago in one of the sketchiest Craigslist deals I have ever done... I literally thought we were about to get murdered 2 minutes into it.  We were going to use it for tv storage, but it didn't work out.  It was hanging out in our attic and shaming us for a long time and then I got the bright idea to paint it white and put it in the nursery so we could finally use it.

Thrifted: All of the vintage Fisher Price toys are thrift store finds.  The record player was steep Goodwill purchase at $20.  Paddington and the Jonathan Adler canister are also thrift store finds.

Antiques: The smaller stuffed bear and poodle are from a local antique store and the vintage Disney bucket and shovel are from a local antique fair.  John thought $16 was WAY too much money to spend on the beach toys but I nagged him and he relented so I would stop talking.

Ebay: All of the Barbies are from Ebay.  Francie, the brunette ponytail, and the blonde swirl are repros while the blonde ponytail and Malibu Barbie are vintage.  The framed Barbie print is a birthday card my friend Nora sent me a few years ago.

Hand Me Downs: All but two of the books are mine from when I was little.

Comments

  1. Congrats on your new blog! Love this post... Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the space! XO, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Looking forward to your new blog as well XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment