2020 Shopping Resolutions





For 2020 I am going to try a "low buy" shopping year.  I am only going to purchase 1 item per month and my maximum budget for each month is $200.  Above is a list of items I WISH to purchase going forward.  My goal is to purchase these items secondhand or from sustainable sources.  I have left a few spots open for "emergency"/necessary buys, and my list will probably change a bit as the year progresses.  I can also combine 2 months for a larger buy (like the Mejuri ring ,the Tiffany cuff, or the Milaner purse), and I probably won't buy ALL of these things... this is just a wish list.

Budgeting is hard!  My above plan does not include a $20/week thrifting allowance. $280 x 12 months = $3,360 which is still a lot to spend on oneself, so I might need to make some adjustments.

I will let you know how I do each month.  My goal is to 1. spend less money and 2. live more sustainably. 

Happy New Year!

Comments